AS and ISA Surf Instructor Level 2 France
The Surf Coach Level 2 is entitled to instruct intermediate to advanced surfers (up to club level surfers) and has the relevant knowledge to act as a camp manager and head coach. Therefore - in addition to advanced surfers´ coaching skills - the focus is also on the organisational side of surf coaching, management and leadership skills.
The course consists of the ISA L2 surf instructor course plus extra modules developed by AS to cater for the special needs of surf camps. This combination has established our coaching program as the most requested one in surf camps in Europe and worldwide.
- The included ISA accreditation is the only accreditation globally recognized by the ISA.
- Austrian Surfing is recognized by the ISA (International Surfing Association), the ESF (European Surfing Federation), and our National Sports Organisation Sport Austria (and thus also federally recognized).
* If only German-speaking participants register for certain courses, we will run the course in German.
- 7 days course, course manuals and workbooks (AS and ISA), worksheets, beginner boards, examination fees - there are no hidden costs in our courses! The only fee to be paid on the spot is the "taxe de séjour", a French tourism tax that is always collected by the accommodation provider and goes straight to the authorities.
- 7 nights accommodation in the Atlantic Surf Lodge
- Full board: Rich breakfast buffet, beach snack, dinner
- AS GREEN ROOM: thanks to our partner VERIVAL BIO we can offer almost all food in organic quality (depending on the availability of the bread we have to buy in France) - this results in more energy for surfing and is also better for mother earth :)
- ISA membership (1 year)
- Name appears in ISA Surf Coach Online Register for one year
- Name appears in ISA Judge Online Register for one year
- AS and ISA accreditations
- AS job service: We are in contact with many surf camps and forward their job offers to all AS instructors. It is our endeavour to not only provide one course, but also try to help you find a job and your way of life as a surfer and a friend of AS.
As we have been receiving quite a few requests lately: Please understand that it is not possible to do the course without food and accommodation for organisational and logistical reasons. We are happy to have the Atlantic Surf Lodge as the perfect location for the definitely demanding course, as a result of its infrastructure we can run the course as smooth and time efficient as possible.
Accomodation is in the Atlantic Surf Lodge - check out www.atlantic-surflodge.com. The Atlantic Surf Lodge stands for the highest standard in surf coaching and is therefore the perfect location for our courses.
Contact number: +33 5 58 48 31 37
Train (for cheap train fares check your national railroad companies and for early-booking-specials check www.tgv.com or www.voyages-sncf.com) to DAX, car (please use our special Facebook group for car-pooling), Rip Curl Express or plane (to Biarritz, from there by bus to Vieux Boucau: www.chronoplus.fr).
As you are experienced surfers and travellers we just want to remind you of the most important things: Surfing gear:
- board, leash, wetsuit, wax etc.
- Sport / jogging shoes
- Pen and paper!
- Travel insurance, vaccinations, first-aid-kit (if you are not sure what to bring please consult a travel medicine center)
- Complete the registration form incl. the course date with all required fields.
- Your registration automatically (and FOR FREE) makes you an Austrian Surfing 1 - the 1st Austrian Surfing Club community member, which is a prerequisite for participating in the course and being awarded the accreditation
- Wait for the OK for the date from our office. ATTENTION: THE WEBSITE IS UPDATED BY OUR OFFICE AND CAN WRONGLY SHOW FREE PLACES! EVEN IF THE GREEN OR YELLOW COLORS ARE DISPLAYED, THE COURSE CAN ALREADY BE BOOKED UP. THE OK HAS TO COME FROM OUR OFFICE PER EMAIL!
- Payment of course fee to reserve a place
- You are receiving the invoice, the course manuals, etc. as soon as (and only if!) you have made the payment AND registered; the invoice is also the reservation of your place!
- Valid ISA and AS Level 1 accreditation - holders of other accreditations please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 months work experience as Level 1 instructor
- Surfing skills: Competent surfing in variable conditions and able to perform the basic manoeuvres (clean bottom turn, top turn and cutback; floater etc. in basic form)
- If the necessary surfing skills cannot be shown during the course, the participants can send in a video (2-3 waves frontside and backside) by 1 year after the course. Please note that in this case the Level 1 accreditations cannot be issued before we have received the videos. However, you will receive a document stating you have participated for use in the tax office, employment center etc.
- Surf Coach Lifesaver Award: more informations
- The lifesaving certificate can also be handed in later (up to 1 year) - please note that in this case the Level 2 accreditations cannot be issued before we have received your certificate. However, you will receive a confirmation of participation for use in the tax office, employment center etc.
- Teaching theoretical subjects for advanced surfers
- Delivery of the practical lesson
- Improving the instructor´s surfing skills (including video analysis)
- Written exams covering all course contents
- Worksheets and essays
- Practicals: teaching theoretical subjects and delivering the practical lesson
- Surfing skills
- 40 hours practical assignment (training advanced surfers), then:
- Online exam
Table of contents (Austrian Surfing part):
- Coaching Advanced Surfers and Surfguiding
- Competitive surfing
- Big Wave Surfing
- History of Surfing
- Important Surfing Organisations
- Surf board construction - shaping
- The Ocean 2 - weather and surf spot
- Hydrodynamics and Biomechanicalof Surfing
Table of contents (ISA part):
Module 1: Coaching Preparation:
- Training Surfers – a holistic approach
- The Learning Environment
- Understanding the Judging Criteria
- Judging Scoring System
- Risk Management
Module 2: Athlete Preparation:
- Principles of Training
- Elements of Fitness
- Training Development & Maturation
- Sport Injuries
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition
- Sport Psychology
Module 3: Coaching Athletes:
- Balance & Force in Surfing
- Fundamental Movements in Surfing
- Movement Patterns of Core Manoeuvres
- Common Errors in Core Manoeuvres
- Novice Surfers - Foundation Skills
- Analytic Skills for Surf Coaches
- Integrated Model of Quality Analysis
- Simulation Training
If all prerequisites for participation are met and the examinations have been passed, the licenses are issued.
Validity of the accreditations: 1 year
- Check your status: https://isasurf.org/learning/isa-coaching/surf-coach-instructor_directory/
- Click http://theisafoundation.org/product/coaching-renewals and follow the instructions.
Everyone who is currently registered in the ISA Online register (ISA accreditations) and sends us an email receives the AS licence (with an exact listing of the content and hours needed to get the licence).
Oesterreichischer Wellenreitverband - Austrian Surfing
UniCredit Bank Austria AG
3100 St. Poelten
Please note "ISA and AS L2 course" in the money transfer!
You receive your invoice (also serving as a confirmation of your reservation!) only after the bank transfer AND the registration! The bank transfer must be done at least 4 weeks before the course. It is NOT possible to pay in cash on the spot for legal reasons. If the money transfer has not arrived in our account by the start of the course, a 50 € processing fee applies.
- Cancellation until 3 months before the course start or cancellation due to exceptional incidents (i.e. if Austrian Surfing cannot run the course): Only a 50 € booking fee applies. This booking fee covering our administrative office services (course lists, emails, invoices, etc.) applies for every booking and can under no circumstances be reduced or waived.
- Cancellation between 3 months and 1 month before the course start: 300 € cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 1 month and 2 weeks before the course start: 50% of the course fees are charged.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks before the course start: 80% of the course fees are charged.
- No-show: Full course fee is charged.